7 Great Tips for Hiring a Wedding Band or DJ
Category : Entertainment
If you are planning to have a musical event on that special day, then you are obviously expected to opt for the best wedding band for hire. The given tips would ensure that you make your choice of the band wisely. Finding a nice musical band is a finding for lifetime as you can call the same band for any kind of function in the future.
- As it is your wedding reception, hire a band that has experience of performing in marriage ceremonies. They would know about the flow of events and therefore serve as emcees as well.
- Normally, a music band has a list of music pieces that they play at different functions. You need to ask for the list of. Ensure that the band that you would choose offers variety in music in order to appeal to the different guests’ taste in different kinds of music.
- Look for the wedding band or wedding dj Birmingham, which has performers who are excited, fun, and sensitive to the audience and open to any kind of suggestion you give.
- A band along with their musical instruments would need certain amount of stage space to perform. You need to discuss with the band the amount of space they need. Accordingly, you need to arrange for the required space. The space should be big enough to hold the entire group of musicians and singers in the band.
- Once you have decided on a particular band to perform in the party, go ahead and get a contract signed with the required information and clauses. The contract ought to have the date, time, performance duration, dj in sydney, breaks, song commitments, musicians, equipments, rates, emcee duties, cancellation, refund policy, etc. properly in place.
- Ask the band to come at least one hour prior to their performance time so that they can settle property and arrange their equipments as well. This would ensure that the performance is started on time. If required you can also ask them to work overtime. This would of course need you to pay more. However, it is worth the expenditure if the guests like and enjoy their performance.
- Once the deal is finalized, you would be asked to make some advance payment. The percentage of advance payment would be fixed by the band administrator.
Since, it is your wedding you must ensure that everything is properly done. You are supposed to marry only once. Thus, it has to be an unforgettable event.